PET PROFILE: ADOPT-A-BULL, ADOR-A-BULL BLACK JACK!
Name: Black Jack – Jacks – Jack Jack
Age: Estimated 4 yo
Breed: American Staffordshire Terrier
Good w/ Strangers: Stranger? What stranger?
Good w/ Kids: Yes
Good w/ Large Dogs: Yes
Good w/ Sml Dogs: CAUTION – Yes but can play too excited
Good w/ Cats/Small Animals: No
House Trained: Yes
Crate Trained: Yes
Likes Car Rides: Yes
Likes Water: Yes!
UTD with all medical needs/vaccinations
THINK PAWSITIVE DOG TRAINING AND PAMPERED PET ONE WILL DONATE A 6 WEEK TRAINING CLASS TO HIS ADOPTERS TO ENSURE A SMOOTH TRANSITION AND POLITE HOUSE MANNERS!!!
Super friendly, loving VELCRO dog – he is boarding with us here for the time being and happily hanging out in the office…but this boy needs his own family.
WE NEED A FOSTER, RESCUE OR ADOPTION COMMITMENT FOR THIS GORGEOUS BOY! SHARE, SHARE, SHARE PLEASE!
He is available for adoption through SWVAL – their adoption application is here:
This boy has waited OVER 3 YEARS for a family to call his own – are you it?
October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month and there are more dogs in need than ever. Check out the articles here for great information on adopting a dog, a dog adoption checklist, tips for the first thirty days of dog adoption and more!
But what if you can’t adopt? Here are some easy ways you can still help:
1) Donate your Facebook status. Just paste this message into the “What’s on your mind?” box at the top of your page: “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog! https://www.petfinder.com”
2) Tweet, retweet and repeat the following (or your own brilliant message): “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog! https://www.petfinder.com #savedogs”
3) Contact your local shelter or rescue group (you can search for groups near you here) and ask if they have a donation wish list or other flyer they’d like to you to post around your office or neighborhood. They may be holding special events for Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month which you can help promote.
4) Share an adoptable dog or a Petfinder dog-adoption Happy Tail on your blog, Facebook or Twitter (hashtag #savedogs) page each day of the month.
5) Sign up as a foster parent or shelter volunteer then tell your friends how great it is. Contact your local shelter or rescue group to find out how you can help.
6) Add a Petfinder widget or banner to your Web site or blog.
7) Write an op-ed about the importance of pet adoption for your local paper.
8) Contact your local shelter or rescue group and offer to photograph their adoptable pets and upload the pics to Petfinder.
9) Donate to your local shelter or rescue group or to the Petfinder.com Foundation in honor of Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month.
10) Pass on an understanding of the importance of pet adoption to the next generation. Talk to your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and other up-and-comers about animal shelters and why Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month, and pet adoption in general, is important.
Did we leave anything out? Tell us your own ideas!
Many of you probably already have joined us on Facebook but in case you didn’t know we have several pages:
Come on over – we’d love to see you!
The 4th is a fun filled time for many pet owners but for some dogs it is nothing short of traumatic. More dogs escape, run away and are lost on this day than any other of the year…please this year – keep your dogs secure and inside – even if you think they will be okay with it…make sure they are wearing a collar with ID tags and that your microchip information is up to date!
ALSO – WATCH THOSE WING & BBQ BONES!! Plates get left around, trash cans raided, food stolen and all that temptation can be hard, for even the best behaved dogs!
Have a great 4th and we hope that everyone makes it through safely.